Forty years ago our journey began in Botswana with a few rustic tents, a single Land Rover, two dedicated safari guides, and a dream of showcasing Africa’s iconic wild places. From those humble beginnings sprang Africa’s leading conservation and hospitality company. We’ve changed, evolved, and grown hugely over the years, but our biggest change is finally here.
Conservation remains our core purpose – that will never change. It's that purpose that has always driven us, but now – more than ever – we are determined to have an even bigger impact on the world’s wildlife, wilderness, and local communities. We aim to double the amount of land we help conserve in the next few years; and expand our journeys outside of Africa. Unique scenery, wildlife, and cultures are waiting to be explored, and we can’t wait to share them with you and your guests.
As we increase our conservation footprint, we’ve also made a few other changes.
Click here to see all you need to know
From this day on, we are Wilderness. It encompasses who we are and what we really do: increasing the world’s wilderness. Although we’ll continue to offer leading safari experiences, it’s time for our name to reflect the diversity of places we operate in, now and into the future. We do so much more than just safaris – from primate trekking to stargazing, nature walks, boating, learning about new cultures, and discovering Earth’s ultimate, untamed places.
Our new logo takes its inspiration from the unfenced and unpredictable. The long, wild grasses symbolise the places we protect and the experiences we create within them. It’s about discovery, adventure, and exploration, and the logo is beautifully supported by our new tagline: Discover Earth’s Ultimate Untamed Places.
Our Brand Architecture
In order to build brand affinity and offer your guests a seamless experience from start to finish, Wilderness Air, Touring and Private Journeys will use Wilderness branding going forward. We have also made a small change to all our camp names by locking them up with Wilderness. For example, Mombo will now be called Wilderness Mombo.
We are excited to show you our brand-new website www.wildernessdestinations.com. This domain change also means our emails have changed to firstname.lastname@example.org. All emails sent to our old addresses will be redirected to our new ones, however when you reply, the new address will be displayed ie: email@example.com
We may have a completely new look and feel, but we are still the same company with the same ethos. In fact, the more we grow, the more impact we have on the habitats we conserve, the species we protect, and the communities we inspire, empower and uplift. Our future is bright. We hope you are as excited as we are to have you join us on this journey. Thank you for your ongoing support. Here’s to the next 40 years. And the 40 after that...
The architecture and interiors are stylish and elegant, with a sense of off-the-beaten-track exploration. The camp offers a Premier experience with large ultra-luxurious tented suites (142 square metres) that have uninterrupted views over the water.
TENTED SUITE FACILITIES
- Luxury canvas tented suite accommodation on elevated wooden decks, with elevated wooden walkways (intermittent sections are on the ground to allow for animal movement).
- En-suite facilities with indoor shower, outdoor shower, double basin vanity and separate toilet.
- Writing desk and chair, easy chairs, luggage rack, mosquito net, during winter months hot water bottles and extra blankets are provided, electronic safe, hairdryer, tea and coffee making facilities, mini-bar, indoor lounge area,”gym in bag” [includes a Pilates mat, weights (2 x 1.0 kg and 2 x 2.0 kg) and resistance bands], sala on deck and outdoor lounge area, private plunge pool.
- Complimentary in-tent Wi-Fi.
- An internal telephone system for emergency assistance.
- No air-conditioning, however, spot cooling system provided in each tented suite, over the bed.
- Amenities include seasonal bathrobes, slippers, liquid soap, body wash, shampoo and conditioner, body lotion, room spray, insect repellent, mosquito coil, shower caps, vanity kit with cotton tip swabs, cotton wool pads and nail emery board, sewing kit, tissue dispenser, laundry bag and umbrella are supplied in each tented suite.